As you consider the best business communication textbooks, keep in mind he Importance of mobile communication coverage in the textbook you select.
Whether it’s emailing, social networking, watching video, or doing research, the percentage of communication and media consumption performed on mobile devices continues to grow. For millions of people around the world, a mobile device is their primary way, if not their only way, to access the Internet. Globally, roughly 80 percent of Internet users access the web at least some of the time with a mobile device.
Mobile has become the primary communication tool for many business professionals, including a majority of executives under age 40. Email and web browsing rank first and second.
In terms of the most common non-voice uses of smartphones, more email messages are now opened on mobile devices than on PCs. Roughly half of U.S. consumers use a mobile device exclusively for their online search needs, and many online activities that eventually migrate to a PC screen start out on a mobile screen. For many people, the fact that a smartphone can make phone calls is practically a secondary consideration; data traffic from mobile devices far outstrips voice traffic.
Be Sure Your Textbook Has Full Coverage of Mobile Business Communication by 2015-2016
- Bovee & Thill’s Groundbreaking Coverage of Mobile Has Made All Other Business Communication Textbooks Obsolete
- What's Disrupting Business Communication? Your Students Are Holding It in Their Hands
- How You Should Prepare Your Students for the Mobile Shift in Business Communication
- Can Your Students Write Professionally for Mobile Audiences?
- Have You Prepared Your Business Communication Students for a Mobile Job Search?
- How Mobile Technology Is Changing Business Communication
- Why You Must Teach Your Business Communication Course within a Mobile Context by 2015-2016
- Beware of a Disruptive Technology That Is Having a Major Affect on Business Communication
- Seven Infographics with Fascinating Details about Mobile Business Communication
- Can Your Business Communication Textbook Pass This Test of Essential Mobile Coverage?
- What You Should Be Teaching Your Students about Mobile Business Communication and Business Careers, Writing Resumes, and Applying and Interviewing for Employment
- A Glimpse of What You Should Be Teaching Your Students about Mobile Business Communication and Business Presentations
- What You Should Be Teaching Your Students about Mobile Business Communication and Collaboration, Interpersonal Communication, and Business Etiquette
- What You Should Be Teaching Your Students about Mobile Business Communication and Visual Media
Visit this page to order an examination copy of a Bovee & Thill textbook.
As you select the best business communication textbook for your students, remember that only Bovee and Thill covers mobile communication. All other authors are pretending that mobile doesn't exist.